My list of the best Flash books ever September 1, 2006Posted by sdpurtill in ActionScript, Books, Flash.
It’s nearly impossible to find a list of Flash books for developers trying to learn it; but here is a compilation of my favorites over the last four years.
- ActionScript for Flash MX: The Definitive Guide (Colin Moock) – this book was written for MX, but is the ultimate language reference. He is working on an update for Flash 9 and ActionScript 3.0
- Essential ActionScript 2.0 (Colin Moock)
- Object Oriented ActionScript (Peter Elst and Todd Yard)
- Design Patterns – Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software (Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides)
- Flash Remoting: The Definitive Guide (Tom Muck)
- Programming Flash Communication Server (Brian Lesser)
I tried to put it in order. There you go.